Clay in a Day. This is the class I "assist" in. I work very hard, quietly reading my book in the corner. Each class has to have 1 teacher and 1 helper whether they need it or not.
Lizzy's valentine party. I assist here just before lunch. She needs much more help than the clay class.
For lunch we spread out our picnic blankets in the gym Path also has a lunch you can purchase, but we usually pack a lunch except on Pizza day
After lunch we have worship time, led by different families, or groups in Path. Then we head back to our classes.
Each semester of Path (P-our city- Association of Texas Homeschoolers) is 10 weeks long. We meet on Mondays. I meant to take a picture of each class, but got busy and forgot.
Currently Lizzy is in the 3 year old class where they learn spanish, music, crafts, and basic pre-school skills, and have a recess time. Then they have nap after lunch. They stay in the same class with the same kids all day.
Katie is in the first and second grade group. They move from class to class depending on what they sign up for. Usually there are about 3 - 4 choices for each hour. This semester she is in Spanish, Math, Playground Games, Creative writing, and Amazing Animals.
I am teaching Great Explorers and Kit Kittredge - American girl. I also assist in Clay in a day, Lizzy's class, and a history class about America's founding fathers. To be in Path, each mom has to teach 2 classes or help clean up. We also assist when we are not teaching.
Path is a lot of fun for the girls and they get the experience of being in a school type setting and having teachers other than myself. They have made many friends there as well. There are about 80 families who make up Path. They have classes all the way from the nursery thru high school. We meet at one of the churches here in town.
No comments:
Post a Comment