Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School!

For those of you who didn't get the memo, we've decided to put the girls in public school this year. Today was their first day. Katie has been super excited all summer, but Lizzy has been worried sick.

So when we got there this morning, I dropped off Katie and then prepared myself to deal with a crying Lizzy. Nope -  she gave me a quick hug and then literally pushed me out the classroom door. So I cried instead. My baby doesn't need me anymore. I don't know how they've gotten so big. Katie is starting 3rd grade and Lizzy is starting Kindergarten.

Their teachers are both really nice and I can't wait to hear how their first day went! The principal was really nice and worked it out so Katie would be in the same class as one of her best friends! Hopefully they don't just chit-chat all day. Lizzy doesn't know anyone yet, but she makes friends very fast and will probably have 29 new best friends by the end of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment