Thursday, February 23, 2012

Large wall hanging from rug stencil

I found this pretty wall hanging on Pinterest and decided to copy it. It turned out pretty good. I tried it with stain first, but it is hard to touch up stain, so I painted it all over and did it again. If you do use stain, I would definitely recommend using a spray paint primer before spray painting since it took nearly a whole can of paint to do the first one (which I re-did). The total cost was about $50 which includes the $20 rug. I plan to paint the rug and hang it elsewhere or use it at the front door so that helps. Not too bad for art that is 4' x 3'. If I did it again, I could use MDF since I didn't wind up staining it and it would be a bit cheaper. I think the wall needs something else, so maybe I'll put some kind of ironwork sconce beside it.


No comments:

Post a Comment