For my mom's 60th birthday, we planned her a surprise party. We had so much fun with the decorations. We went with a sunflower and burlap theme since she loves sunflowers.
We had a dessert bar with an amazing cake made by a friend who has a cake decorating business.
The details on the cake were incredible and it was delicious as well. Don't tell anyone, but the whole bottom layer was styrofoam! The top layer was plenty to feed twenty people.
The girls and I had fun making some sunflower cupcakes as well.
And we made cake pops. I suddenly remembered why I rarely make cake pops. These were the lone survivors.
Everything was ready and now we were only waiting on the guest of honor. We told her to meet us at our house at 6 and we would take her out to dinner. Of course, she wanted to leave early. She got so mad at Jerry when she found out that she was about ready to leave and he still had to shower! He kept stalling and got her there at just the right time.
I was so busy during the party that I hardly took any pictures but at least I got her coming in.
We had a fajitas and margaritas. The food was so good. I have no concept of how much to cook for large groups so we had fajitas for quite some time afterwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment