Thursday, October 29, 2009

coffee table

About 6 months ago I got sick of putting my feet up on a hard coffee table and really wanted one of those cocktail ottomans. But I didn't really see any that were long instead of square and besides didn't have $450 to spend. So I gave a shot at making my own. It was kind of pathetic looking but at least it was soft.


Fortunately it met with an unfortunate end when someone sat on it. Thankfully no one was hurt and it inspired me to make it better.


So I found an old coffee table on craigslist for $15. It was painted white, but too white, and I was too cheap to buy glaze so I took some leftover brown paint and added water to give it a kind of worn and dirty look (worn and dirty is our decorating theme thruout the house - especially featured on the carpet) and recovered it with the same material. I thought about getting new, but decided to continue with the worn and dirty theme since Lizzy lives here. I'm so happy with how it turned out. 100% better!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I have a whole bunch of projects I would like for you to come help me with! You are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete