Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Katie's Furniture

About a week and a half ago I had the wonderful idea to paint all of Katie's furniture to match. It had been awhile since I had done any painting projects and had forgotten how much painting sucks.

So, after finally getting Theo to agree (we had purchased her bed and chest of drawers new, before I became the craigslist queen, so he wasn't to thrilled about me "ruining" them) we drug them to the garage and I enjoyed many an evening inhaling paint fumes.

I forgot to take a before picture, but scrounged up one. Nothing in her room matched... oak chest of drawer, green table, white desk, cherry daybed. So I painted it all antique white, with a little glaze on it. I really wanted to update the hardware, but when I went to screw on the new ones, I realized they were different lengths than the old ones, so I decided to keep the old ones. We also rearranged a bit and it feels roomier in there too!

Katie really likes it and was so excited to go to bed tonight.

4 comments:

  1. So talented!!! I looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at what you can accomplish. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't watch this too many times or I might be blinded by all of the pink...it is just not a color I am used to!! Great job Becky!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love it! My daughters furniture is all white too. It gives her room such a princess feel (and clean too).

    ReplyDelete