We've been thinking about getting new carpet for 3 years now, and this week we finally took the plunge. We got a patterned brown carpet which will hopefully wear well. At least, that's what the sales guy said, we'll see. We had thought about doing wood upstairs, but decided it would be too noisy and besides I tend to fall down the stairs on a regular basis so I wanted something softer to land on.
Here's the before. The stairs and hall had berber which wore really well since it is almost 12 years old. It doesn't look too bad in the pictures but it was pretty bad in person. Especially the places where I fell down the stairs holding a can of paint last year.
The bedrooms had a cut pile carpet that looked awful now.
Getting new carpet is almost as bad as moving. The back bedroom and dining room are still full of stuff for me to put away. The installers moved furniture, but we had to move everything on the furniture.
Nice! You'll enjoy it.
ReplyDelete