Last weekend, we went to the Dallas Museum of Art. The museum was beautiful and we all enjoyed it - even the girls were not bored.
This was Lizzy's favorite picture. Lizzy was completely shocked by all the nudity at the museum. She loudly whispered to me "Why did they paint all their privates?!?" I told her that artists feel the human body is beautiful, and they like to paint all of it. She replied "Well it's not. It's gross. They should put clothes on". This from our girl who hardly wore clothes the first five years of her life.
While there, I did my summer class assignment - I had to choose two of my favorite pieces and critique them. I loved these beautiful carvings we found in the Indian room.
I loved the view outside - the juxtaposition of the old and new.
As we walked up the stairs, the three of them plunked down and rested like that and I thought it was a cute pose.
Katie loved the temoporary JFK exhibit. He is her favorite president.
This mural was kind of weird, but loved the colors!
Afterward, we went to the new Klyde Warren park in Dallas. It is a really cool park, built recently over the top of the highway.
They also have some pretty cool play structures.
We had planned to spend the evening there and enjoy a picnic from one of the food trucks, but we were chased away by a sudden thunderstorm. Hopefully we can go again some evening. It's only about a 20 minute drive from our house with no traffic, so we should really go to Dallas more often.


















No comments:
Post a Comment