Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Lizzy's new Paris bedroom

For a long time we had promised Lizzy that we would redecorate her bedroom for her 8th birthday. I was in school at that time though so we waited until summer. The past week and a half we have spent totally redoing her room. I think it turned out really cute. I had so much fun doing this and the girls and I both had lots of fun picking things out at the store. 

Lizzy finally decided on a Paris theme. We loved using Pinterest to save ideas and for inspiration. We had a hard time deciding on colors, but finally chose gray and pink. We decided to surprise her so she got to choose all the items to go in it, but then she wasn't allowed in to see it until it was completed. 

Here are the before pictures: I actually thought her room was cute before, but it was kind of pink. Like slap you in the face pink. 




And here is the new Paris themed room:

Katie wrapped the door in glitter paper. I'd have a great video of her bursting through had I actually pushed record. Katie says she got a video though so I'll have to find it on her ipod. 





This chandelier was the one thing she didn't choose and was her big surprise in the room. I added a plug and a switch so she can reach to turn it off from her bed. She loves it!







We found this awesome Eiffel tower at Hobby Lobby on clearance for 90% off and snagged it for only $20! It was antique black so we spray painted it pink.


I realized it is impossible to take a good picture of curtains on a bright window. I made her drapes from some cute Paris fabric we found at Hobby Lobby. 
Here's a better shot of the color. 

We ditched her old nightstand in favor of her being able to have her Barbie house more accessible since she doesn't need a bed lamp with her chandelier. 


We did a lot of recovering. I recovered her letters with some pretty glitter paper. 

And recovered her bulletin board.


And this cute garage sale chair (which was the third time it was recovered).




And recovered her old floor pillow. I think I need to add a tufted button though. 



I spent two extremely hot days in the garage painting her furniture, but it was totally worth it!


I love the this clock Eiffel tower we found at a flea market. I repainted it with Krylon glitter blast in posh pink and it turned out cute! I loved that paint and wanted to do the big tower in it as well, but it would have gotten too expensive. This took two cans!


It is really hard to find cute girl's bedding for her hand me down queen size bed (most of the cute ones are full/queen and they don't fit this super thick mattress) but we hit the jackpot at Target



 I think she's a pretty happy girl! She better be. After all that work, I think she'll have the same room when she leaves for college.









No comments:

Post a Comment