Sunday, August 7, 2016

Family Vacation - Royal Gorge

Not too long after the volcano, we arrived in Colorado with our monkeys! Since we were later than we expected after our stop at the vocano, we went directly to our hotel in Canon City. 


The next morning, we went to the Royal Gorge. It was gorgeous but scary! I had been here a few times as a kid. Sadly, it all burnt down in a forest fire a few years ago, so it didn't look like I remembered, but the bridge survived and they rebuilt the rest. 








Here you can see some of the new boards. I was teasing the girls that they knew they needed a new board when a tourist fell through. We later learned that some were replaced after they were scorched in the fire.


Don't drop your phone. 









We waited in line for about 30 minutes for the gondola, but sadly, it was finally our turn. 


I did not cry, but this was the closest I could get to a smile. I wanted to take more pictures but it was scary. 






No comments:

Post a Comment