Thursday, September 24, 2009

My children

Ok, so I linked over to another blog that I had never heard of but apparently everyone else has (which is not uncommon because I'm always the last to know anything - probably because I tend to daydream instead of listening.) so anyways I link over there and I find out that this woman who I have never met knows my children! How'd she do that! Here's the link, but I pasted it below too.

Katie was the most difficult baby ever, and I seriously considered finding the receipt and returning her, but she turned out to be a nearly perfect child. Lizzy was the sweetest happiest thing when she was tiny, but darn, there is no pleasing her now, and I don't dare turn my back on her because she has a talent for finding mischief like none other.

Sometimes babies come out screaming and never stop, sometimes they are angry that you did this to them, gave them life and now? Now they have no choice but to live it, AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT. Turns out those are the ones who can read at a third grade level when they are only five-years-old. I guess that's what they call a trade-off.
You came out and were all, hey. What's up. Yeah? Really? Because I was just going to lie down over here and look cute. And then sleep. And then maybe sleep some more. And when it's time to eat, I will. And then I will smile. And I will make you want to have more babies.
You are what I call The Ruse. And I am not falling for it, not one bit. No way. I'm guessing your kind is evolution's way of sustaining our species. Because you and your irresistible cuteness and mood could fool a woman into having lots and lots of babies. BUT I AM NO FOOL. You know why? Because I have already lived through the third year of someone's life, and I know yours is coming. And when it hits, when you throw your body across the floor in a fit of rage, I'll be all SEE! I KNEW IT! Behind all those smiles and adorable dimples lies an evil three-year-old!

No comments:

Post a Comment