Sunday, September 6, 2009

Our old house

I am joining Thrifty Decor Chick's before and after party. Well if I can figure out how to do it anyways. This is our old house a few days after we purchased it, and once we finally finished the remodeling. When we were looking for houses, we found this for 130. Our realtor informed us that with 10K worth of work it could be a beautiful home. Nearly 100k in renovations later, we finally had a fairly nice, but small home. But eventually we moved to Texas because we needed more space, and the neighborhood was starting to scare us. In the end we wound up clearing only 40k when we sold it, which did help us to buy our Texas home, but man, that was the hardest money we've ever made! Click here to see the slideshow. Note the linoleum tiles glued over the original wood floors - and only half of the living room???! When we were looking at it, I pulled up the carpet and saw the wood floors and was happy, til after we bought it and I finished pulling up the carpet to reveal those awful glued on with thick black glue tiles thruout the rest of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment