Yesterday, we went on a field trip to Vetro glass blowing in Grapevine. I really enjoyed it. Katie also seemed to like it but Lizzy declared it boring and said the best part was going to McDonald's for lunch. We had about a 45 minute demonstration in which they made a glass bowl. It was really cool (well, technically it was pretty hot in there despite the fans)! They had some neat pieces in their gallery too with a wide range of prices. We got a chip of glass to make into a magnet for our collection. Happily, we only broke another $3 chip of glass. It made me really nervous to be around the $6000 glass art that was within reach of Lizzy (or for that matter myself since I was the one who broke the other one).
We hadn't been to Grapevine before and they have an awesome downtown. Hopefully we'll go hang out there one Saturday as a family. I heard they have a lot of Christmas stuff to do and also an old-fashioned train ride to Fort Worth so we'll have to check that out.
We hadn't been to Grapevine before and they have an awesome downtown. Hopefully we'll go hang out there one Saturday as a family. I heard they have a lot of Christmas stuff to do and also an old-fashioned train ride to Fort Worth so we'll have to check that out.

No comments:
Post a Comment