Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring yard work

I worked in the yard all last week, pulling weeds, putting out mulch, planting flowers, getting the pool ready for spring, trimming the bushes, deciding that trimming the bushes was too hard, calling the guys to trim the bushes, and cleaning off the back porch which had become a dumping ground of sorts. The pictures aren't very impressive since I forgot to take any before so I found the picture below that looks about the same as our yard did. At least it felt like that when I was pulling all those weeds. 



Now, you can actually walk out on the porch without tripping over something. 

 Two years ago, our yard started leaving and we lost a tree. So our lawn guy suggested putting in bedding around the edge to keep the dirt from escaping. It looks pretty and fixed the problem, but now, all we do is pull weeds. We put out a bunch of mulch (40 bags!) and hopefully that will keep them under control. 



One of the stones fell out of our tree holder? (what is that called?) so I got that cemented back in and it looks much better. 

 

Got the pool all clean and ready for summer. Of course, there was a storm the next night, so we already have to do that again.


We replaced the canas near the pool with hibiscus which don't grow so tall that we can't see the kids, and they always have pretty flowers. 


Now we're just waiting for the grass to green up and fill in some bare spots. 


No comments:

Post a Comment