Monday, December 23, 2013

Disney Vacation - Magic Kingdom

On Monday, we went to Magic Kingdom. This was Lizzy's favorite park. 



Our first picture of the castle.


We went at a great time. Disney is starting up a new fast pass system with RFID bracelets that allow you to plan your rides in advance. Until they fully implement the new system, they were still doing paper fast passes. So we were able to get lots of fast passes - three on the bands, and as many as we can on the paper tickets. This meant we waited in very few lines - which was great because this park was beyond packed, esp. on our first day.






Our first fast pass was scheduled for the Beauty and the beast story. Lizzy was excited to get to play the part of the beast and dance with Belle. I got chosen to play the soldier. 















Then we headed on over to It's a Small World.



We were too cheap to buy ride photos, but we got a few pictures of them. Love Katie's face in this one.


This picture is just in case we forget the down side to Disney. Crowds don't normally bother me - even in New York and India, but this was too much even for me!


We took a ride on the steamboat. 



We got off the boat and filed along with the rest of the people towards the Haunted Mansion. After we left the mansion, I saw the line going in and the boat dock and realized we cut right in front of half the line. I'm surprised someone didn't say anything. 





We had dinner in the castle with the Princesses. The food was incredible and the experience was amazing. We were very happy with our friend/travel agent who was up at the crack of dawn 6 months out to get us such great reservations. If you go, check out Happily Ever After Travel!












We came out from dinner to the sight of the castle lit up for Christmas. 



(Am I seeing things or is this photo sparkling? How'd I do that???) 




People were lining up for the parade two hours early! We decided the parade was not worth sitting on the curb for two hours. We went and rode a few rides in Tomorrowland and when we returned just in time for the parade, we were still able to see just fine.





(More sparkly ones - really wish I knew how I did that!) 



After we enjoyed the Wishes fireworks show which was beautiful. Here is a video I found online which shows the projection display. This display was followed by pretty fireworks.



No comments:

Post a Comment